8.9.09

Try the New Free Irish Recruiters Toolbar!


Do you use toolbars to help your recruit? I love them and use them every day for various different reasons and see them as being an integral part of being an Internet Recruiter. The main reason I use them is to help me navigate in one or two easy clicks to a given program I want to use thus saving me time. Toolbars are not a new phenomenon they have been around for a long time as far back as the Xerox Alto computer in 1973 but most of us probably first came to use them most with programs like Adobe Photoshop, Word and Netscape.

When I think toolbars I nearly automatically associated the phrase with browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Safari, etc. I like to use a variety of toolbars on the multiple computers I use: desktop, laptop and mobile computer, and nearly all of them let me use pop-up blockers, auto fills. translators and email checking to be more productive, etc

I like toolbars so much I decided to build a toolbar for the Irish Recruiters community! In doing so I designed it thinking about what I would like to see added to my already configured Google and Windows Live toolbars and musing over what I think an Internet Recruiter in Ireland would want to help them keep up to date with some of Ireland's latest recruitment news and help them be more productive in their day job.

The answer I've come up with is the Irish Recruiters Toolbar!!!

Maximise and watch the following video to learn more and then give it a go (apologies for the poor zooming but I only got one shot at doing the recording last night!). You can download the toolbar here, It's currently only available on Internet Explorer and Firefox. It's really easy to configure to other setting you may want and also to uninstall if you don't like it.



I hope to improve it in the coming months and all you have to do is hit the drop down box at the start of the toolbar near the Irish Recruiters logo and hit "update" to stay on top of any advancements it makes and get the most up to date release. There may be a way to actually auto-update your toolbar as well so watch out for that. I may be able to make changes to the master toolbar and it will automatically populate on your toolbar and you'll see the changes without having to lift a finger.

Let me know what you think @irishrecruiters. I'd appreciate the feedback. If there other features you'd like on the toolbar which you think I've missed let me know.

Happy Hunting!

Disclaimer: Although the author has attempted to find and correct any bugs in the free software program, the author is not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind caused by the use or misuse of the program. That said the software is using etrust technology like thousands of other software programs and so far has been proven to be 100% safe from any form of security threats.  Enjoy!